Krug Brothers Co. Ltd.
Brothers Conrad, Christian, John, William and George Krug with brother-and- law Henry Ankeman formed a furniture manufacturing company at Chesley in 1886. Members of the Krug family have served the Chesley community in many capacities since that time.
In 1899 the brothers acquired Thomas Moore’s sawmill. In 1910 Krug Brothers moved their business to the Chesley Rake and Novelty Factory at the corner of King and Main Streets to take advantage of the rail connection.
They continued to manufacture high quality furniture crafted in “Colonial and Traditional-style furniture in hardrock maple, cherry and elm until 1987.
Krug Brothers took a keen interest in reforestation for many years and maintained large tree plantations in Bruce County.